The last few weeks have been spent working to address some of the stuff that’s happened to the layout over the winter:
- Several figures needed to be repainted, reset on their bases, or otherwise repaired.
- Some roofs needed repainting
- Cleaning buildings of mud/rain splatter
- Sprinkler repair
- Getting the last of the leaves out of the tunnel
Plus there were other things to take care of:
- Re-leveling/settling track
- New plants
I also changed the interchange between the mainline and the inner loop. I had some R1 switches between the two, but they were too “sharp” for some of my longer cars (specifically the passenger cars) to make it through consistently. So I swapped them out for R5s.
I’m planning to have a small open house on April 21st, so I need to keep the progress going. Luckily my oldest daughter has been really helpful, raking, pulling weeds, and so on. I’m hoping it will go well.