I built some logs for my logging wagon from ABS pipe.
First, I cut it to length. Then I applied adhesive to the outside, in lines parallel to the length of the pipe.
I smoothed the application with a toothpick–catching any drips.
I cut pieces of sintra to fit the ends, then inserted them. Then I filled the ends with adhesive.
Once it was all dry, I dipped them in outdoor paint–a dark slate, almost black color I have.
Next I applied a dry brushing of lighter browns and then washed with a darker brown.
Finally, I painted the ends light brown to represent fresh-cut wood and added some light brown spots along the “trunk” to simulate where branches were removed.
I think they look pretty good. We’ll have to see how they stand up outside.